GOVERNOR OF EBONYI STATE, ENGR. DAVID NWEZE UMAHI, FNSE, FNATE ON HIS PROTEST AGAINST THE INJUSTICE BEING DONE TO SOUTH-EAST BY THE PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) AND HIS DEFECTION TO ALL PROGRESSIVE CONGRESS (APC) below are some of his reasons.
1. Let me first clarify that I never sought for PDP presidential ticket and so, whosoever is saying that I moved to APC because they refused to zone the ticket to me is being very mischievous.
2. Some people said I was promised this and that – there was no such discussion. APC never promised me any position, they never promised southeast any position. This decision is my protest against the injustice being done to southeast by PDP.
3. Let it be known that I’m God’s project and I do not go beyond my calling. I Am satisfied being a governor and by the grace of God, for 8years. Nothing will stop me from this protest.
4. I believe that this movement will cause PDP to understand that no man is an Island and no single person can be called a crowd. Together we are stronger.
5. People can write all they want to write, it is not my business. In 2023, if God permits, I may be quitting politics and I will be very satisfied because the miracles in Ebonyi state may just be the reason I was born.
6. One thing I promise is that I will never castigate PDP, just like, in PDP, my only sin is that I refuse to castigate Mr. President.
7. I came from a very well known family; a place where there is character. If you want to deal with a man, you have to find out about the family background. People jump into politics and covering their character.
8. Nobody in PDP or APC will say he has ever discussed anything and I have to go and leak it, to leak it for what? Is it for money? Is it for fame?
9. Let it be known to all that nobody promised me anything. Let it be known to all that I move because of injustice, and I have no regret about that. I am satisfied being a businessman, I am satisfied doing my businesses. That is all. Thank you all.